Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peachy Forum Linksys WIreless-G PCI Adapter Not Connecting To Internet - 40bits Or 104bits Error Message?

Linksys WIreless-G PCI Adapter not connecting to internet - 40bits or 104bits error message? - peachy forum

I did not join a big problem with my computer in the situation with the Internet. Here's the story:

Acquire a Gateway desktop PC in 2000. It came equipped w / Windows Millennium Edition. Around 2004, you have Windows XP Home Edition installed and moved a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter withSpeedbooster.

Everything was worked up Peach 2 months ago, when I have a virus and malware bytes anti-malware used to remove the virus. In return, the program has some of the drivers I needed removed, so I had to update a fresh install of Windows ME and Windows XP. The system has been cleaned, you should not encounter problems installing to my wireless adapter but my computer wouldnt recognize the installation CD.

I read what could be the problem, and she gave me advice PlatformHT-click the setup.exe file, and then choose to make it compatible with Windows 95. That, and the drive was recognized, so I started to install. So I installed the Linksys software, but if I forget to say my own position and the wireless, it:

The network password must be 40bit or 104bit depending on your network configuration. This can be calibrated as 5 or 13 ASCII characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters entered.

What does that mean again?? And why do I get this warning now and not before? I have tried many different directions, online forums, high-tech follow, but it seems to work not for me. : (I also heard to try in order to enter 5 characters in my password. It starts to connect to the Internet, but then SAys that the wireless adapter is not connected. Although in Add / Remove Programs, it is confirmed that the power supply is connected and working.

What can I do? All information is helpful .. Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that you have selected the correct (WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK, etc. ..) encryption. You need the same type that is installed on the network.

Anonymous said...

It appears that you have selected the correct (WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK, etc. ..) encryption. You need the same type that is installed on the network.

Post a Comment